Windows 8 Mail App
- Open the Mail app from the start menu.
- If the Add Your Microsoft Account page displays you need to sign into Windows 8 Mail using your Microsoft Account. Enter your email address and password, then click Save. If you don’t have a Microsoft Account select Sign up for a Microsoft account, this is located below the password box. If you don’t see the Add your Microsoft Account page, you are already signed into a Microsoft Account and can continue to the next step.
- If the Add your email accounts list displays select the relevant account type. If the Add your email accounts list doesn’t display, and instead you see the email from an account you had previously set up, point your mouse in the lower right corner of the screen and select Settings from the menu which displays (if you’re using a touch device, swipe in from the right edge of the screen). In this Settings menu select Accounts, then Add an account and choose the relevant option. You can also choose Other Account if none of the options apply, if you have chosen this option skip to the separate instructions below.
- Enter the email address and password for the email account you want to add. Then select Connect.
- If you see the message "Your email account is successfully configured", select Finish. If you see a message titled "Make my PC more secure", read the message and select Enforce these policies.
If you have chosen Other Account during step 3, continue setting up your account with the following instructions:
- After selecting Other Account a page should display asking you to choose what kind of account you have, select IMAP.
- You will then be asked to enter your email address and password, enter these and click Connect.
- You should then see a settings page. Email address is the email address of the account you’re adding, username is usually your email address, password is the password you use to log into your email account, Incoming mail IMAP email server needs to be set to mail.yourdomainname.co.uk, untick the Incoming server requires SSL box and the Outgoing server requires SSL box, the outgoing SMTP email server is the same as the incoming one and then click Connect.